Debating teaches speaking and listening skills, critical and creative thinking, teamwork, and leadership, while developing core confidence, resilience, and empathy in students of all ages and abilities. Our interactive training provides teachers with the knowledge and resources to become champions of debating in their schools.
Full-Day CPD Training
Led by experienced teachers and expert debate coaches, our full-day teacher training sessions include:
- A comprehensive overview of debating and debate theory
- Practical strategies and resources to embed debating activities in the curriculum, across all subject areas and Key Stages
- Detailed guidance on setting up and running your own debate club, judging debates, and running competitions
- Consultation and planning time with a focus on embedding debate methodology in schemes of work
- Support in cascading CPD back in your school
- A copy of our “Debating in Schools” handbook
Full-day teacher training costs £229 per delegate and is held at central locations across the UK. Upcoming dates and booking can be found here.
Debate Mate can also deliver teacher training at your school or training centre. This is a bespoke offering, and can be tailored to fit your school’s specific outcomes. Prices start from £2,500 for up to 20 teachers. To find out more, and get a quote, click here.
“A fantastic CPD session- interactive and imaginative. There were loads of ideas here that I can directly apply to my classroom and school.”
Half-Day CPD Training
Led by expert trainers and debate coaches, our half-day or twilight courses include:
- Practical activities to improve oracy in the curriculum across all subject areas
- Guidance on setting up and running a debating club and judging debates
- A copy of our “Debating in Schools” handbook.
Half-day teacher training costs £129 per delegate and can be delivered at your school or training centre, adapted to suit your outcomes. Prices start from £1,700 for up to 20 teachers. To find out more and get a quote click here.
“This is a very stimulating and enjoyable learning experience, full of excellent presentation, done with verve and insight. I feel it’s going to transform my classroom practice: truly evoke citizenship, well-being, knowledge and understanding. Thank you.”
- 100% of teachers we’ve trained enjoyed the workshop and would recommend it to a friend.
- 91% of teachers we’ve trained said they could use the strategies in their classroom the next day.
Working in collaboration with school leadership, curriculum planning teams, and classroom practitioners, Debate Mate provides consultancy services. Debate Mate provides practical strategies and interventions to develop oracy, embed debating methodology, and improve Teaching and Learning, including developing schemes of work, embedding oracy strategies, and team-teaching across a range of subjects.
To find out more and get a quote click here.