There are many ways schools can get involved with Debate Mate. Below are the options Debate Mate has for schools that wish to get their students debating:
Join our core programme
- Open to students in years 7-10 (secondary) and 5-6 (primary)
- Operates in Greater London, Birmingham and Wolverhampton, Greater Manchester, Bristol, Liverpool, Nottingham, Leeds, Glasgow, and Edinburgh
- A comprehensive, unique 17-week after school programme that runs from November to March
- Includes 14 weeks of after school clubs, led by a university student-debater from the top universities in the UK, as well as 3 weeks of competition against other schools in your local area (the Urban Debate League); the programme culminates in the Debate Mate Cup, a full-day debating competition held at a university in your area
- Registration for the 2016-2017 Core Programme is now open; we allocate spaces on a first-come, first-served basis.
Host a Student Workshop
Full-day bespoke debating workshops for a group of 12-15 students, led by elite university debaters, many of whom have participated in and/or won top university competitions such as the World Universities Debating Championships, European Universities Debating Championships, Oxford IV, Cambridge IV and more
Participate in Teacher Training
For full details, see our separate minisite.
A full-day CPD course, which trains teachers on how to use debating activities in the classroom, as well as set up and run debating clubs/competitions in your school.
To learn more about our Core Programme, please email email@example.com, or call our office at 020 7922 8007.
To learn more about our student training and teacher training workshops, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or alternatively, visit our information page at debatemate.com/teacher-training