Sign up to be a Mentor today!
Debate Mate is always looking for ambitious university students to become mentors on our Core Programme, as well as take part in other Debate Mate events. As a university mentor, you get:
- The opportunity to work with a group of young people, establishing a rapport with them and acting as a role model to raise their aspirations
- Practical experience teaching – great if you are considering a career in the teaching profession
- Valuable experience to include on your CV – great for post-university job applications
- A chance to participate in events held by our funders, including Credit Suisse, Nomura, Artemis, Deloitte and more
- Paid! We pay our mentors a stipend of £20 for each 1-hour after school session and we also cover travel costs