Debate Mate is always looking for ambitious university students to become mentors on our Core Programme, as well as take part in other Debate Mate events. As a university mentor, you get:
- The opportunity to work with a group of young people, establishing a rapport with them and acting as a role model to raise their aspirations
- Practical experience teaching – great if you are considering a career in the teaching profession
- Valuable experience to include on your CV – great for post-university job applications
- A chance to participate in events held by our funders, including Credit Suisse, Nomura, Artemis, Deloitte and more
- Paid! We pay our mentors £20 for each 1-hour after school session and we also cover travel costs
We have closed mentor recruitment for the 2017-18 programme, however, if you are interested in mentoring for 2018-19, please click here to register your interest!