In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, Debate Mate’s programmes in schools have been suspended until further notice.
Our team is now working remotely. You can reach us by email, and our office phone is being diverted to staff mobiles.
Debate Mate remains committed to delivering our programmes in any way we can so that students can continue to develop key 21st century skills, be inspired, and importantly, to help them cope with the current crisis. We are providing support in the following ways:
- We are offering our online Debate Chamber free to teachers working in schools that are staying open, which provides interactive resources on a range of debate topics for KS2 to KS4
- Our staff are delivering virtual Debate Mate sessions that students can join from home or from school. In addition, we are holding an online version of our Debate Mate Cup competition for all secondary schools involved in our Core Programme.
- Our media team is producing extensive interactive content for our website and social media channels to widen engagement. If you don’t already, follow us on Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter to keep up-to-date. We are also continuing to update our Ade Asks series, which tackles pertinent issues that affect young people.
- We are continuing our work with schools that are not eligible for our Core Programme to provide bespoke workshops and small group online debate clubs.
- We are working with funders and partner organisations to ensure our students continue to gain valuable insight into the world of work through employees partaking in virtual volunteering.
Thank you to the school leaders, teachers, parents and guardians who are working tirelessly to ensure that young people continue to thrive during this difficult time. We would also like to thank our funders and supporters for their help and understanding through this period.
We will continue to adapt to the circumstances to ensure students continue to benefit from Debate Mate’s programmes, and are so grateful for the support the Debate Mate community provides. We plan to launch our 2020-21 programme, adapted if necessary, in early November 2020 as usual and will be releasing sign up in the coming months.
If you have any questions or would like to contact our team about any of our current or future activities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are wishing everyone the very best, and stay safe!