- Take students that have flourished on the core programme and provide them with further training to become elite debaters, social leaders and future professionals
- Encourage students to reach out to their local communities and hold public debates, as well as start their own debating clubs at local primary and secondary schools
- Every Saturday morning, graduates participate in a three hour session, which includes debating classes with world champion debaters and skill sessions with experts from the corporate world.
- With the support of experienced mentors, graduates go on to form their own debating clubs and host public speaking events in their communities.
- Graduates compete in debates at the highest level, attending schools competitions in the British Parliamentary format.
- Graduates will take initiative and start their own debating programmes to impact their local communities.
- Graduates will have a number of key transferable skills that they can take into their chosen professional environment.
Accelerate (Formerly Re-Engagement) Programme
- Give disengaged students a disposition towards learning using Debate Mate’s verbal learning process and peer-to-peer mentoring
- Foster confidence and desire to participate in classroom discussion
- The re-engagement programme is tailored towards students who have more serious academic and behavioural problems.
- The clubs are run during school hours (sometimes as enrichment classes) to retain student attendance and are led by mentors and programme directors with additional behavioural management training.
- The clubs runs parallel to the Core Programme following a similar syllabus and access to the same competitions.
- 100% of students said that their ability to work in a team increased.
- 100% of students said their ability to combine different arguments improved.
- 70% of students said they became more engaged in the classroom.